The DYCA is a safe and secure environment underpinned by Christian values. We work within the wider community, promoting lifelong learning, benefiting all learners and contributing to local regeneration by:
- Valuing all faiths and actively celebrating diversity.
- Appreciating the uniqueness of every person and working to build self-esteem.
- Ensuring that each student receives the highest possible quality of education suited to their individual needs and aptitudes.
- Focussing on excellence and challenging everyone to achieve their best.
- Nurturing supportive and productive relationships based on mutual respect and trust.
- Valuing and fostering creativity, imagination, responsibility and a love of learning.
The ethos of the DYCA, in keeping with the mission set out and the values embodied therein, is demonstrated in its daily life. In the Academy we:
- Actively seek to develop a love for learning.
- Promote inclusive learning for all.
- Work within a framework of discipline which is also confident of forgiveness.
- Value worship as a part of daily life.
- Respect the faith of all members.
- Encourage an appreciation for beauty of creation and recognise our responsibility to care for the environment.